Professional License Defense / Administrative Law
“DEFENDING LICENSED PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES”
As a professional license defense attorney, my goal is to protect your ability to run your business and earn a living. I am available to represent clients throughout Southern California in all types of professional license defense matters.
Attorney Nicholas L. D’Amico understands government agencies and the limits to their powers. As a city planner, he has spent over 13 years navigating the complex rules and procedures involved with government regulation. Mr. D’Amico utilizes his experience in this area to guide clients through the license regulation process. He is committed to defending the livelihoods of hard-working professionals and business owners.
An ACCUSATION is a special disciplinary lawsuit filed against a professional license for alleged violations of the law. Accusations can result from a criminal conviction, or may come from an investigation into allegations of “unprofessional conduct”. Licensing agencies have the power to take action against your license, including revoking it completely. This means that, whatever the case, an Accusation has the potential to destroy your livelihood. If you receive an Accusation, you must act immediately to defend your license by contacting an attorney.
With our help, you can mount a vigorous defense of your license by invoking your right to have your case heard by an impartial judge. Our proven defense techniques include preparing you respond to investigations or inspections by your licensing agency, filing a Notice of Defense or appeal, evaluating the evidence against you, developing a to tell your side of the story, negotiating settlements with the Attorney General’s office, and arguing your cause at a hearing in the Office of Administrative Hearings. It is important to remind the agency that the purpose of license discipline is to protect the public, not punish you!
Types of Professional License Defense Cases
We have handled cases before the following government agencies:
- Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
- Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Board of Pharmacy
- Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Bureau of Automotive Repair
- Contractors’ State License Board
- California Board of Accountancy
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- California Department of Consumer Affairs
- California Office of Administrative Hearings
- California Structural Pest Control Board
- Medical Board of California
- Department of Social Services
- California Secretary of State
- California Department of Real Estate
- California Department of Insurance
- Physical Therapy Board of California
- United States Department of the Treasury
- United States Department of Health and Human Services (Office of the Inspector General)
- United States Social Security Administration (Benefits Coordination and Recovery Center)